UNIQUE IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY OF INDIA
UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India Rules Employees Rules 2020
New Delhi, the 21st January, 2020
Unique Identification Authority of India (Appointment of Officers and Employees) Rules
(No. 1 of 2020)
No. A-12013/13/RR/2016-UIDAI (No 1 of 2020). In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 21 read with sub-section (1) of section 54 and clause (x) of sub-section (2) of section 54 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016), as amended vide the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019 (14 of 2019), the Unique Identification Authority of India hereby makes the following regulations governing appointment of officers and other employees of the Authority, namely:‒
Short title and commencement. (1) These regulations may be called the Unique Identification Authority of India (Appointment of Officers and Employees) Regulations, 2020.
(2) These regulations shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
Definitions.- (1) In these regulations unless the context otherwise requires, ‒
(a) “Act” means the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services)Act, 2016 (18 of 2016), as amended vide the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019 (14 of 2019);
(b) “Appointing Authority” means Chief Executive Officer or such other officer to whom such powers and functions have been delegated by the Authority by general or special order;
(c) “Authority” means Unique Identification Authority of India established under sub-section (1) of Section 11 of the Act;
(d) “Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Authority appointed on full-time or part-time basis under Section 12 of the Act;
(e) “Chief Executive Officer” means Chief Executive Officer of the Authority appointed under Section 18 of the Act by the Central Government;
(f) “Post” means any post in a grade whether permanent or temporary mentioned in the Schedule annexed to these regulations;
(g) “Selection Committee” means a committee constituted to consider selection for appointment, absorption, promotion and deputation of officers and other employees in any grade in accordance with the Schedule to these regulations.
(2) The words and expressions used in these regulations, but not defined, shall have the same meaning as respectively assigned to them under the Act.
(3) For the purposes of these regulations, the terms ‘he’, ‘him’, ‘his’ and ‘himself shall also refer to ‘she’, ‘her’ and ‘herself’ wherever the context warrants and singular will also include plural.
Power to implement.
(1) The power to implement these regulations vests in the Chief Executive Officer or with such officer to whom powers have been delegated by the Authority.
(2) The powers exercisable under sub-regulation (1) shall also be exercisable by any superior entity including officer higher in precedence.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer or the officer to whom such powers have been vested shall be responsible for deciding on all complaints, grievances, disputes and other similar matters arising in the course of implementation of these regulations:
Provided that any officer or employee aggrieved of the decision may institute an appeal against such decision within forty five days of the issue of order conveying the decision before :
(a) the Chief Executive Officer where such orders have been passed by an officer subordinate to him, or
(b) the Authority where such orders have been passed by the Chief Executive Officer: Provided further that the Chief Executive Officer shall not participate in the meeting of the Authority where an appeal on his decision is decided.
Constitution of Officers and Employees Cadre.
(1) The officers and employees cadre shall consist of:
(a) any person absorbed at the time of initial constitution of the cadre of the Authority under regulation 5; and
(b) any person appointed to a post under regulations 7, 8 and 9 after initial constitution of the cadre.
(2) Any person appointed under clause (a) of sub-regulation (1) of this regulation shall on such appointment be deemed to be a member of the cadre in the appropriate grade applicable to him from the date of his initial appointment with the Authority or the twelfth date of July 2016, whichever is later.
(3) The pay, on appointment in the Authority under this regulation, shall normally be fixed as per the relevant rules, regulations or instructions of the Central Government as applicable on the appointee or at the minimum of the pay in the respective level in the pay matrix. The Authority may, however, fix it at a higher point in the level keeping in view the seniority and pay already being drawn, higher academic qualifications or special experience of value to the Authority, by granting additional increments, not exceeding four in the pay matrix level fixed for the grade in which the appointment is made, on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
|Name of the Post||Number of post||Method of recruitment and percentage of the vacancies to|
be filled by various methods
|Age for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for|
|Grade from which promotion/deputation is to be made||Composition of Selection Committee|
|Deputy Director General||17(2020)* Subject to variation dependent on workload||1. 33% by promotion failing which by deputation2. 33% by deputation-cum- absorption3. Remaining by deputation or on contract basis||Not applicable||Not applicable||1. By promotion- At least four years of regular service as Assistant Director General or Assistant Director General (Technology) with the Authority.2. By deputation- (i) Officers from the Central Government holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/ department;ORWith four years of regular service in the Pay Matrix Level 13 or above. OR(ii) Officers from State/UT Government/ Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Organization holding regular post in corresponding grades with requisite experience.(iii) Age below 56 years||1. Authority2. Outside expert, if considered necessary by the Chairman of the Committee|
|42(2020)* Subject to variation dependent on workload||1. 33% by promotion failing which by deputation2. 33% by deputation-cum absorption3. Remaining by deputation or on contract basis||Not applicable||Not applicable||1. By promotion– At least eight years of regular service as Deputy Director with the Authority.2. By deputation-(i) Officers from the Central Government|
holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/ department;OR With three years of regular service in the Pay Matrix Level 12 or above. OR (ii) Officers from State/UT Government/ Public Sector Undertaking/ Autonomous Organization holding regular post
in corresponding grades with requisite experience.(iii) Age below 56 years
|1. Chief Executive Officer, UIDAI Chairman2. Two Deputy Director Generals of UIDAI– Members3. Outside expert, if considered necessary by the Chairman|
of the Committee