Payment of immediate relief to the families of deceased employees and speedy disposal of their family pension cases: KVS Order
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18 – INSTITUTIONAL AREA,SHAHEED JEET SINGH MARG,
NEW DELHI -110016
Date :- 12.5.2021
All Regional Office/ZIETs
Sub :- Payment of immediate relief to the families of deceased employees and speedy disposal of their family pension cases-reg.
On the subject cited above, it is to state that in the wake of recent pandemic, KVS has lost many officials due to COVID-19 related complications. In order to provide immediate relief to the families of the deceased employee, following measures may be taken at your end immediately.
1. Terminal benefits, medical reimbursement and other allowances as admissible under rules may be released on priority basis to the family of the deceased employees.
2. Regional office need to take all required steps for speedy processing of family pension cases (wherever admissible) of the deceased employees on priority basis.
3. On unfortunate death of the employee, the concerned Principal should be directed to contact the family members of the deceased employees to get the pension papers completed within 15 days and the pension papers should be processed immediately in the office on priority basis.
4. The claim of the death gratuity should be finalized immediately and the funds be released to the family members within a week. If sufficient funds are not available, then the requisition of funds be submitted to the Budget Section, KVS (HQ) immediately followed by telephonic message to the concerned Assistant Commissioner (Fin)/Deputy Commissioner (Fin).
5. Other claims such as Employees Welfare Scheme (EWS), Deposited Linked Insurance Scheme (DLIS), Leave Encasement etc. should also be settled immediately. Similarly, the funds requisition be sent to KVS(HQ) for release of funds, if funds are not available.
Deputy Commissioner (Fin.)