No. 20/2/2017-19 – CCSCSB
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
CENTRAL CIVIL SERVICES CULTURAL AND SPORTS BOARD
B-Wing, 3 rd floor,
Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi.
Sub: Application for the post of Conveners in CCSCSB
The Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board (CCSCSB) is the Central agency for promotion of Cultural and Sports activities amongst the Central Government employees. The CCSCSB holds All India Civil Services Tournaments and sends teams in prestigious Tournaments in the country. The Board also organizes Inter-Ministry Tournaments in the following cultural and sports disciplines every year.
|1 Athletics||2 Badminton|
|3 Bridge||4 Carrom|
|5 Chess||6 Football|
|7 Hockey||8 Kabaddi|
|9 Cricket||10 Swimming|
|11 Table Tennis||12 Lawn Tennis|
|13 Volleyball||14 Shooting Ball|
|15 Basketball||16 Wrestling|
|17 Power lifting & Weight lifting||18 Music Dance & Short Play|
- Presently, the posts of Convener (Lawn Tennis) and (Swimming) are vacant. Therefore, the Board proposes to appoint new Convenor for Lawn Tennis and Swimming for the remaining period of one year 2020-21 (one financial year) and seeks nominations in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I).
- The duties and responsibilities of the Convenors are given in Annexure-II. The Board is looking for experienced and dedicated Convenors. Welfare Officers of the Ministry are requested to forward the name of deserving candidate for taking up the task of Convener after going through the qualification and experience required by the candidates to assess their suitability to act as Convenor of the game. Proficiency in the sport applied for is the basic criteria for nomination as Convenor in the Board. The prescribed proforma (Annexure-I) should be counter-signed by the Welfare Officer of the Ministry /Department.
- The Board may, if required, invite the candidates for personal interaction to assess their suitability for the task to be assigned.
- The applications from the suitable and deserving volunteers to act as Convenor may please be sent to the Board on or before 17.08.2020.
- All the Welfare Officers are requested to give wide publicity to the circular amongst their employees in the Ministries/ Departments and attached/ subordinate offices to enable the Board to select deserving candidates as Convenors.