DoPT Orders 2019
Draft Rules for Group ‘C’ posts-MTS in Lokpal
No. 407/ 22/2019 -AVD-IV(LP)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 27th August, 2019
Sub: Draft Rules for Group ‘C’ posts-Multi Tasking Staff in Lokpal
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department propose to frame the rules for appointment of Multi Tasking Staff in the Institution of Lokpal. A copy of the draft Lokpal (Group ‘C’ Posts- Multi Tasking Staff) Rules, 2019 is enclosed. In terms of instructions contained in this Department’s OM No. AB-14017/61/2008-Estt.(RR) dated 13.10.2015, the above draft rules are hereby placed on the website of this Department for perusal of all concerned. It is requested that the comments of stakeholder, if any, may please be sent to this Department by post or email at “m.kumar1965gov.in” within 30 days from the date of uploading.
Encl: As above
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
All stakeholders through website of this Department.
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 59 of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, the President hereby makes the following rules for Group ‘C’ Multi Tasking Staff posts in the Lokpal, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement – (1) These rules may be called the Lokpal (Group ‘C’ PostsMulti Tasking Staff) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Power of Lokpal to make Regulations.
The Central Government hereby vests powers in the Lokpal to make Regulations for the recruitment process.
Provided such recruitment shall be made on the recommendation of the Personnel Committee to be constituted by the Chairperson Lokpal and the said Committee shall be chaired by the Secretary, Lokpal or any other Officer of the Lokpal as authorized by him and shall have at least three Members.
3. Number of post, classification, Pay level in the Pay Matrix:– The number of post, its classification, the pay level or pay scale attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (1) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc. – The method of recruitment to the said post, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
5. Disqualification — No person, —
- (a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
- (b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
6. Power to relax – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Savings – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxations of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Schedule Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.