Appointment of Convener (Women) in CCSCSB for the block year 2019-21
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board
The Central Civil Services Cultural& Sports Board (CCSCSB) is the Central Agency for promotion of Cultural & Sports Activities amongst Central Government employees, CCSCSB ensures larger and effective participation of the Central government employees in the said activities for physical fitness and recreation. With these objectives in view, the CCSCSB holds Inter Ministry and All India Civil Services tournaments and CCSCSB teams of various sports disciplines participate in prestigious tournaments in the country.
It has been observed that there is a remarkable participation of women employees in individual Inter-Ministry Tournaments namely Athletics, Badminton, Carrom, Chess, Table Tennis and Music Dance & Short Play. However, representation of women employees in team games such as Cricket, Football, Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball, Swimming, Kabaddi, Wrestling and Weightlifting & Powerlifting is not adequate.
In order to increase the participation of women employees in the team events, the Board intends to appoint women Convenors for the year 2019-21 in the following disciplines of sports and accordingly invites applications in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I ) :
|S.No||Sport / Game|
|6||Weight Lifting & Power lifting|
The Board is looking for experienced and dedicated Convenors. The duties and responsibilities of the Convenor are given in Annexure-II. Welfare Officers of the Ministries/ Departments are requested to forward the names of deserving/ suitable candidates for taking up the task of Convener after going through the qualification and experience required by the candidates in sports activities to assess their suitability to act as Convenor of the game, Proficiency in respective discipline is the basic criterion for nomination as Convenor in the Board. It may be noted that the attached/subordinate offices must forward the names in prescribed proforma through the Welfare Officer of their controlling Ministries/Departments and not directly to the Board.
The Board may, if required, invite the candidates for personal interaction to
assess their suitability for the task to be assigned.
The applications from the suitable and deserving volunteers to act as
Convenors of the Cultural and Sports Committees must reach to the Board on or before 12.07.2019.
All the Welfare Officers are requested to give wide publicity to the circular
amongst their employees in the Ministries/Departments and attached/ subordinate offices to enable the Board to select deserving women candidates as Convenors.
The Welfare Officers of all Ministries/ Departments
Notice Board of all the CCSCSB Centre
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONVENOR
- The Convenor will be a representative of the Board and will carry out her duties as directed by the Board from time to time.
- The services of the Convenor are absolutely voluntary and should not be considered in terms of monetary returns.
- The Convenor shall be responsible for carrying out various activities with respect to the game/ event with which she is concerned. This includes assisting the Board in getting the officials/ referees/ experts, etc. Informing various teams/players and other concerned offices about the activities of the Board etc.
- The Convenor shall also be responsible for ensuring regular practice/ training of the teams/players, particularly before the All India Civil Services Tournaments, etc.
- The convenor shall settle the accounts, within 15 days of the Tournament. All advances, if any, should be cleared within 30 days under all circumstance.
- At the close of the financial year, the Convenor will have to submit an annual report with regard to performance of Central Secretariat Team in various tournaments. She will also submit separate report at the conclusion of Inter Ministry and AICS Tournaments regarding conduct of these tournament and further suggestions in improving the same.
- The Convenor will be liable for action in case of omission or commission of any act prejudice to the interests of the Board. In case, the performance of the Convenor is not found satisfactory, the Board may dispense with her services at any time without assigning any reason . The decision of the Board shall be final and binding.
- The Convenor shall be granted special casual leave and will be paid conveyance allowance as decided by the Board for carrying out the above responsibilities /duties.
- It is desirable that the Convenor should be matriculate. She should be able to handle correspondence with the Board, the federations and other sports bodies independently, if necessary.
- Any other tasks for the promotion of cultural/ sports activities assigned by the Board shall be carried out by the Convenor.