DoPT Orders 2019 – Appointment of Convener in CCSCSB for the block year 2019-21
No. 20/2/2017-19- CCSCSB
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
CENTRAL CIVIL SERVICES CULTURAL AND SPORTS BOARD
Room No.361, B-Wing, 3 rd floor,
Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi.
The Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board (CCSCSB) is the Central agency for promotion of Cultural and Sports activities amongst the Central Government employees. The CCSCSB holds All India Civil Services Tournaments and sends teams in prestigious Tournaments in the country.
The Board also organizes Inter-Ministry Tournaments in the following cultural and sports disciplines every year.-
11 Table Tennis
12 Lawn Tennis
14 Shooting Ball
17 Powerlifting & Weight lifting
18 Music Dance & Short Play
2. The Board after every two-year invites names of dedicated volunteers amongst the Central Government employees to act as Convenor of various
sports/games organized by the CCSCSB. The term of the convenors appointed in 2017 have since lapsed. The Board proposes to appoint new
convenors for the years 2019-21 and accordingly nominations are invited in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I), for all the above sports and cultural
activities. Separate application should be filled for each discipline.
3. The duties and responsibilities of the Convenor are given in Annexure-II. The Board is looking for experienced and dedicated Convenors. Welfare
Officer of the Ministry are requested to forward the names of deserving/suitable candidates for taking up the task of convener after going through the qualification and experience requ ired by the candidates in cultural and sports activities to assess their suitability to act as Convenor of the game. Proficiency in respective discipline is the basic criterion for nomination as Convenor in the Board. It may be noted that the attached/subordinate offices must forward the names in prescribed proformas through the Welfare Officer of their controlling Ministry/Department and not directly to the Board.
4. The Board may, if required, invite the candidates for personal interaction to assess their suitability for the task to be assigned.
5. The applications from the suitable and deserving volunteers to act as Convenors of the Cultural and Sports Committees may please be sent to the
Board on or before 17.05.2017.
6. All the Welfare Officers are requested to give wide publicity to the circular amongst their employees in the Ministries/Departments and attached/ subordinate offices to enable the Board to select deserving candidates as Convenors.
The Welfare Officers of all Ministries/Departments
Notice Board of all the CCSCSB Centre
(Application for the post of Convener)
1. Name of the Applicant :
2. Name of Ministry/Department (with full address) :
3. Nomination for (discipline) Convener of :
4. Date of Birth :
5. Services/Cadre of the Candidate :
7. Educational Qualification :
8. Proficiency in Sports/Cultural activities (details be given in separate sheet in necessary :
9. Organizational experience (details be given in separate sheet in necessary) :
10. Whether in possession of own transport :
11. Office Telephone No :
12. Mobile No :
13. Residential Address :
14. Any other information :
Note: Copies of testimonials in respect of Columns 8 & 9 to be enclosed.
(Signature of Candidate)
(Counter signature of Welfare Officer)
Forwarded to :
Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board.
Room No. 361, B-Wing, 3rd Floor
Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONVENOR
1. The Convenor will be a representative of the Boa rd and will carry out his duties as directed by the Board from time to time.
2. The services of the Convenor are absolutely voluntary and should not be considered in terms of monetary returns.
3. The Convenor shall be responsible for carrying out various activities with respect to the game/event with which he is concerned. This includes assisting the Board in getting the officials/referees/experts, etc. informing various teams/players and other concerned offices about the activities of the Board etc.
4. The Convenor shall also be responsible for ensuring regular practice/ training of the teams/players, particularly before the All India Civil Services Tournaments, etc.
5. The Convenor shall settle the accounts, within 15 days of the Tournaments. All advances, if any, should be cleared within 30 days under all circumstances .
6. At the close of the financial year, the Convenor will have to submit an annual report with regard to performance of Central Secretariat Team in various tournaments . He will also submit separate report at the conclusion of Inter Ministry and AICS Tournaments regarding conduct of these tournament and further suggestions in improving the same.
7. The Convenor will be liable for action in case of omission or commission of any act prejudice to the interests of the Board. In case, the performance of the Convenor is not found satisfactory, the Board may dispense with his services at any time without assigning any reason. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding .
8. The Convenor shall be granted special casual leave and will be paid conveyance allowance as decided by the Board for carrying out the above
9. It is desirable that the Convenor should be matriculate. He should be able to handle correspondence with the Board, the federations and other sports bodies independently, if necessary.
10. He must be in possession of his own transport.
11. Any other tasks for the promotion of cultural/sports activities assigned by the Board shall be carried out by the Convenor.