DoPT Orders 2019
No. 8/3/2019-CS-I (T)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi
Dated the 30th August, 2019
Subject: Level ‘B’ Training programme at ISTM for Assistant Section Officers (ASOs) of the CSS for promotion to Section Officer Grade from 23/09/2019 to 25/10/2019 (86th Batch).
The undersigned is directed to inform that Officers whose names are given in Annexure It have been nominated under CSS-CTP for the Level ‘B’ Training Programme being conducted by ISTM w.e.f. 23/09/2019 to 25/10/2019. Accordingly, these officers may be relieved of their duties and advised to report to Sh. Rajesh Singh, Deputy Director (Course Director), ISTM, Administrative Block, JNU Campus (Old). New Delhi-110067 at 9.00 A.M. on 23rd September. 2019.
2. The performance of the officials in the training as evaluated and reported by ISTM should be reflected in their APAR to be considered for their promotion. No request for withdrawal/exemption either from the MinistryfDepanment or the officer concerned shall be entertained except on the grounds indicated in DOP&T OM No.T-25017/1/2015-Trg (lSTM Section) dated 4th July, 2016. The training of the officials and successful completion is mandatory for promotion as per DOP&T Notification G.S.R.483(E) dated 12th July 2013 and as vigilance clearance is not required for mandatory training programmes, the Cadre Units are requested to ensure that the officials nominated to the above training programme are relieved in time.
3. DoPT vide its OM No. T-25017/1/2015-Trg (ISTM Section) dated 4th July, 2016 has issued Revised Training Policy for Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS) in respect of Cadre Training Plan (CTP). A major shift from the earlier policy has been notified in the revised policy wherein the maximum no. of chances for mandatory training at various levels of CSS has been reduced from 3 to 2. Therefore, from now onwards the maximum chances allowed will be 2. However, those who had exhausted their 2 chances prior to issuance of the revised policy will be allowed 3 chances.
4. The officers who do not attend or successfully complete the Level ‘B’ training programme will be liable to debarment and denial of promotion as envisaged in DOP&T OM No. T-25017/1/2015-Trg (ISTM Section) dated 4th July, 2016.
5. The aforesaid training includes study tour and officers nominated may be advised to draw necessary T AIDA advance of Rs. 20,000/· each from their respective Ministries/Departments. This amount may be sanctioned in the name of nominated officers and the same will be collected by ISTM from the participating officers.
6. The officers who are being nominated for the second (and final) chance will be deemed as relieved to attend the training with effect from the date of commencement of the training at ISTM. As such, they will be mandatorily required to report for duty on the date of commencement of the training, failing which their career could stand seriously jeopardized. No requests, whatsoever for relaxation in respect of such officers (nominated for the second time) will be entertained. It is also hereby informed that if an officer who has been nominated for the third time, fails to attend this programme, the process of reversion of the officer shall be initiated under the rules.
7. Attention is specifically invited to the guidelines mentioned under heading “Exemption for various Mandatory Training In-Service training programmes for the officers of CSS in respect of Cadre Training Plan (CTPs)” (Department of Personnel & Training vide O.M, No,T- 25017/1/2015-Trg (ISTM Section) dated 4th July. 2016) which are reproduced below:-
(i) All phases of the Mandatory Cadre Training I In-Service Training Programme shall be attended by all officers in the first chance when it falls due. CSS officer/ official will be given a maximum of two chances to complete each level of the mandatory Cadre Training Programme available to them.
(ii) Postponement of participation from the first chance to second cbance would be allowed only with the prior approval of DoPT. However, such approval for postponement of participation does not entitle the officer to obtain the respective promotion/grade/increment in relaxation of the Rules, It is reiterated that the officer will be entitled for the respective promotion/grade/increment only after he/she successfully completes the respective cadre training programme for CSS.
(iii) Postponement of participation from the First chance to Second chance would be allowed by DoPT only in the case of rare and extraordinary circumstances, which are defined as under.
(iv) Officers undergoing study programme (domestic/foreign) by availing ‘ Study Leave’ or ‘partial funding’ or nominated by DoP&T.
(v) Medical reasons of self or immediate family members, i.e., the officer himself / herself, his / her parents, spouse, children of the officer and parents-in-law of the Officer.
(vi) Maternity/paternity leave on the basis of medical certificate issued by AMA approved by Competent Authority.
(vii) Maternity/paternity leave on the basis of medical certificate issued by AMA approved by Competent Authority.
(viii) Child care leave approved by competent authority.
(ix) Marriage of self/the children.
(x) Officers on Election duty.
(xi) CSS Officer deputed by Government of India to a foreign assignment may be permitted to attend the mandatory training on return from such assignment for promotion to next grade.
(xii) Officers of CSS cadre who have Jess than two years of service left for superannuation as on 1st July of the financial year in which the training is actually conducted, would be exempted from mandatory training.
(xiii) The officers who do not attend the mandatory training programmes even after two nominations of CS Division, shall be debarred for future training programmes under the Cadre Training Plan.
(xiv) Failure to attend any level of the mandatory training Programme in the ‘ two-chance window’ provided would mandatorily attract the consequences laid down in the rules and guidelines relating to CSS services, with no exception.
(xv) In addition, administrative action may be taken to deny grant of promotion to such debarred officers.
(xvi) In the case of officers leaving the training, in between the programme, other than on medical grounds, the entire cost of training shall be recovered from such officer for non-completion of training.
(xvii) Authority empowered to permit postponement: The cases relating to postponement will be handled by CS Division of DOPT. The postponement from participation in the first chance may be permitted with the approval of Joint Secretary (CS Division). No postponement may be permissible beyond 2nd chance. In exceptional cases, Secretary (P) can give permission beyond 2nd chance if the officer is not able to attend the training on a case to case basis.
(xviii) The officer nominated for training shall be relieved for training by the respective Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations as it is mandatory, unless exemption is granted as applicable under rules by DOPT.
(xix) The officers who have been nominated by CS Division of DOPT under 2nd chance shall attend the training compulsorily and would be deemed to have been relieved for the purpose by the respective Ministries / Department.
8. It can be seen from the above that the officers who do not attend the mandatory training programmes even after two nominations by CS Division, shall be debarred for future training programmes under the Cadre Training Plan and failure to attend any level of the mandatory training programme in the ‘two-chance window’ provided would mandatorily attract the consequences laid down in the rules and guidelines relating to CSS services, with no exception. In addition, administrative action may be taken to deny grant of promotion to such debarred officers.
9. Henceforth, all CSS officers, cutting across levels, will get a maximum of two chances to complete the mandatory trainings at various levels. The second chance will be considered only under the circumstances mentioned in para 7 (iii) above.
10. Confirmation with regard to the participation of the officers (after updating officers particulars online on eMS) may please be sent immediately to Sh. Rajesh Singh, Deputy Director (Course Director), New Delhi who is accessible on Phone No. 26737616 (0), mobile phone number 9643580896.
11 . All nominated officers are directed to visit the ISTM website and fill the online form and submit the same online without fail immediately. Filling up online registration form is mandatory. The link is online form They may take a print out of the form once filled up and submitted online, and then get it signed by their sponsoring authority and carry it with them on joining day of the course, at ISTM.
Under Secretary to Government of India
Telephone. : 24624046