DoPT: Appointment of Information Commissioners in the Central Information Commission.
F. NO. 4/16/2018-IR
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block,, New Delhi
Dated: 4th January, 2019
Subject: Appointment of Information Commissioners in the Central Information Commission.
Under the Right to Information Act 2005, the Government of India has constituted the Central Information Commission which is located in New Delhi. The powers and functions of the Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission are as per the RTI Act, 2005.
2. It is proposed to appoint four Information Commissioners in the Central Information Commission.
3. The Act provides that the Information Commissioner: –
(i) shall be a person of eminence in public life with wide knowledge and experience in law, science and technology, social service, management, journalism, mass-media or administration and governance.
(ii) shall not be a Member of Parliament or Member of the Legislature of any State or Union Territory, as the case may be, or hold any other office of profit or connected with any political party or carrying on any business or pursuing any profession. It is clarified that cessation/termination of holding of office of profit, pursuing any profession or carrying any business is a condition precedent to the appointment of a person as Information Commissioner.
4. Persons who have attained the age of 65 years shall not be eligible for appointment.
5. The salary, allowances and other terms and conditions of service of the Information Commissioner shall be as may be specified at the time of appointment of the selected candidate.
6. Persons fulfilling the criteria and interested for appointment to the post of Information Commissioner may send their particulars in the enclosed proforma only, by post, to Under Secretary (Rh), Department of Personnel and Training, North Block, New Delhi or through e-mail to email@example.com as to reach latest upto 25th January, 2019. Persons, who are serving under the State/Central Government or any other Organization, should send their particulars through proper channel (administrative Ministry/Department/State/UTs) only before the due date.
Under Secretary (RTI)
Note: RTI Act, 2005 and Rules there under may be referred to by intending applicants for general familiarization, as could be appropriate.